The American Red Cross has recognized a need to make active threat training available to any individual in our community. Due to limited resources, we need to build a core of qualified, volunteer trainers who can help the American Red Cross deliver Active Threat training to the public.
Who are we looking for?
An ideal volunteer trainer should have some or all of the following experience and availability:
- Past experience as a trainer
- Comfort presenting to large groups
- First aid/CPR certified
- Red Cross training
- Experience as a First Responder (police, fire, EMT)
- Trained security professional
- A flexible schedule with daytime availability to deliver 1-3 hour training sessions during the week
What are the benefits?
- Volunteer experience
- Strengthen your ties in the Denver community
- Help empower the public to be prepared and take action
- Be a part of helping to save lives
As a community, we can do more to prepare for, respond to and recover from active threats. Many people are alarmed and frightened by the fact that active threats can impact any person at any time. It is our collective responsibility to be empowered to save lives.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a volunteer trainer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.